Tuesday 8 January 2013

Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre) and 084 (La Belle Epoque)


 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 084 (La Belle Epoque) and 083 (Montmartre)

Hello my lovelies! I cannot believe how excited I am about Paul & Joe 2013 Spring Collection! Yeey! I was so over the moon when I first saw it online on asos website that I couldn’t sleep that night! Isn’t that silly haha?... I definitely think this is the most beautiful spring collection I have seen so far! It was just love at first sight – I knew I HAD TO have it!
Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre) and 084 (La Belle Epoque)
Paul & Joe Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre) and 084 (La Belle Epoque) are both beautifully embossed with carousel ponies placed in beautiful paper packaging. Both have sponge applicator cleverly placed inside the packaging. I adore Paul & Joe packaging so much – it is always too cute to resist!
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre)

Montmartre features two shades – first one looks like olive/pistachio green and second is just darkened version of the first one. It just looks so pretty in the packaging! Honestly, I did not want to swatch it at all – just wanted to leave it the way it is! The imprints are white and dark-ish brown and wore off upon application. The shadows themselves have quite soft and matte texture and are slightly shimmery and a bit chalky. Unfortunately they are averagely pigmented and I would expect something more at that price point… They appear much more intense when applied with wet brush so thumbs up for that.
There is some colour fall out when applying it dry so be prepared to have some shimmer under your eyes and on your cheeks. The lasting power is not incredible either – after 2 hours I noticed some fading and that was with a primer underneath. I wouldn’t dare to wear to work for full 8 hours but would definitely consider wearing Montmartre for an afternoon shopping trip or a tea with friends, where the shadows wouldn’t have to stay on for the whole day.
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre)

 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre)
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre)
  Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre)
  Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre)

 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 083 (Montmartre) L-R: dry and wet application


La Belle Epoque features two shades as well – pale, powdery pink and grey-ish black. The pink shade is matte and powdery in texture but has a little tiny bits of shimmer in it. The grey-ish black one looks glittery in a pan but comes out matte with a little bit more shimmer in it than the pink shade. The same applies to La Belle Epoque when it comes to pigmentation – not great when used dry but much more intense when used with wet brush. Again, the lasting power was not impressive – the results were pretty similar to what I achieved using Montmartre.
There was less colour fall out than with Montmartre but because the two shades were slightly different in texture (the pink one was more powdery, the black one was more shimmery) they were more difficult to blend.
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 084 (La Belle Epoque)
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 084 (La Belle Epoque)
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 084 (La Belle Epoque)
 Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 084 (La Belle Epoque): dry application
Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles Eye Color in 084 (La Belle Epoque): wet on top
Both duos are quite easily dupable and you can buy them on asos for £17 each (5g). All limited edition. Love, A. xxx

4 comments:

  1. This collection is absolutely beautiful but unfortunately not so good quality wise. I may pick up one of the lipsticks though.

    Just found your blog and love it. I'm definitely following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I love your blog too! :) It is just eyeshadows that are poor quality, the rest is amazing! Their lipsticks are absolutely gorgeous and blushers.... ahhh! I looove the new blushers! And I will post everything tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow u have so much Paul & Joe stuff! I love their packaging! So cute!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! You can tell I love Paul & Joe :) And yes, I totally agree about the packaging haha :)

      Delete