Tuesday 14 October 2014

My holy grail foundation: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in Beige

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet
Since I came back from my holidays last month I have been looking for a new foundation for the upcoming winter months. I usually have a lighter coverage summer foundation (or BB cream) and start of autumn is when I usually start to look for a new one with more coverage and staying power. And surprise, surprise!... There has been a lot of new launches recently so I was spoiled for choice. This time I really wanted to make sure I am getting myself something I can rely on and will be completely happy with!
So after careful consideration, reading countless reviews online, changing my mind a few times and talking to the sales ladies on the beauty counters I decided to go for something that is not a recent launch but had a lot of positive reviews from almost everyone.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet
Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet
Read more ->
I have been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet for about a fortnight now and I completely fell in love with it! It smells lovely, the texture is great, it applies very easy but the most important thing is that it stays on for hours and hours and does not make my face shiny! Yupiee! Normally what would happen is that by lunchtime my face would be so shiny you could see your reflection in my forehead (usually my T-zone)! Seriously. Blotting paper was a MUST. Like tons of it. Plus, it does make my face smooth like a baby's bum and it covers well. It is a light to medium coverage. The only thing that I did not like it that it can make your dry patches more visible. Plus, I was not keen on the packaging - it is not the usual fancy glass bottle plus you can see all your fingerprints all over it from like day one. Not a pretty sight haha. But these two things is something that I am more than happy to overlook because I just love how it feels and that it keeps the shine away from my face.
My shade is 10 Beige and it is a shade darker what I would normally use in the winter but the fact we had a lovely summer this year means the shade is perfect! Have you got your holy grail foundation? Love, A. xx

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

No comments:

Post a Comment